Assistant Professor of Education
Rocky Mountain College is seeking a candidate for a tenure track position for an Assistant Professor of Education. The teaching assignment will include general method and assessment courses at the undergraduate level and may include supervision of student teachers. Faculty members also advise pre-service teacher candidates. There is possibility of teaching online and off campus courses.
The Education Department at Rocky Mountain College provides teacher training in an environment that offers opportunities for students and faculty to work and learn together. Small classes provide the opportunity for students and faculty to establish relationships that will last through a student’s academic career.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Master’s degree required, Doctorate preferred.
- A minimum of three years of successful teaching at the K-12 level.
- Must be able to work collaboratively to prepare teachers to meet the challenges of teaching in the 21st century.
- Successful candidate will possess evidence of excellence in teaching, achievement in professional endeavor, interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team, sensitivity to diversity, and ability to relate to local constituencies.
- Candidates will be subject to background check.
- Teach 24 credit hours per academic year as assigned. Supervise student teachers as assigned;
- Advise teacher education majors and minors as assigned;
- Participate in teacher education program assessment and accreditation;
- Work collaboratively with students, faculty and staff; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance and retirement plan.
Submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching philosophy via email at email@example.com or mail to:
Rocky Mountain College
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, Montana 59102-1796
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, veterans, minorities, and women.